Monday, January 10, 2011

i'm realizing...

 i have a lot of garbage... that still needs to be sorted through and discarded.
sometimes.. i'll just blurt out something.. a revelation about myself that i hadn't realized until that moment it escaped my lips and was heard for the first time.

as far as i've seen myself come.. there are still plenty of wounds still needing attention.

as healthy.. and wonderful i'd like to remember my last relationship.. it was also very neglecting.
but i didn't know better at the time.
..and i left that relationship.. without any concept of my own self worth...
i've always figured... that i'd be the one that gave more.. that it was always a skewed scale..
perhaps it is.. but it should be for the most part.. and balanced askewity.

and i am not blaming my ex. i have equal responsibilty. we are all victims of this world and of ourselves.. one of the hardest realizations.. is knowing that you have (had) the choice.. the concious decision to make the best or worst of any situation. people.. situation.. options.. opportunities.. will tug at your strings.. but its within your own power to take those steps.

No comments: